Monday, August 16, 2010

First Cupcake Wars Stop – Kara’s Cupcakes – San Jose, CA


Cupcake Wars on the Food Network is the latest show to attract our foodie attention. Like several of the network’s other shows it inspires many of our foodie adventures. I was in northern California for a couple of days so I made sure to stop by Kara’s Cupcakes in San Jose.


Fleur De Sel

My buddy Nathan and I stopped in for a quick taste. I ordered the Fleur De Sel, which was a chocolate cupcake with caramel filling and ganache frosting. It was topped with sea salt, which helped cut the sweetness of the ganache. The cake was very moist and one of the better cakes I’ve had. The ganache was very sweet and there was more than I personally think the c-cake needed but I am sure there are plenty of people that enjoy that extra sugar boost.

Kara's Karrot

Nathan had the Kara’s Karrot. This was a super moist carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Nathan really liked this one. He said it was not overly sweet and he could taste a hint of something like sour cream in it. Next time I am in the area I will have to try this one.

In the end we both liked Kara’s. I am sure Kim will like their c-cakes as well. They do good work!

Kara's Cupcakes on Urbanspoon
Share and Enjoy:
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • blogmarks
  • Fark
  • Furl
  • Live
  • NewsVine
  • Reddit
  • Slashdot
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati
  • YahooMyWeb

3 comments:

  1. I love Kara's! I visited their cupcake shop while I was in San Francisco last year. I enjoyed their cupcakes more than Sprinkles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, that is a very bold statement! Don't hear that one everyday. I think they both put too much frosting and I really liked the moistness of the Kara's cake. hmmm.... maybe we will have to try them side-by-side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any cupcake with salt has my vote! I must check it out.

    ReplyDelete