Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Is there anything to eat in Denver? – Sam’s No.3

It has been a week or so since my last post.  I wanted to get this one out so I do not fall too far behind.  I am spending a couple of days in Denver this week.  I was lucky enough to get away for a dinner and check out a local favorite Sam’s No.3.

A buddy of mine by the name of Nathan joined me for this.  This is one of the few places that he wanted me to check out in Denver.  One thing that you may find a little weird is there are ZERO Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives in Colorado.  What is up with that?  You cannot tell me there are no funky joints around.  That is just not possible! 

Nathan and I headed out to Sam's No.3, which is in Downtown Denver.  It is in a very nice part of town on the corner of 15th and Curtis.  This is one of three of their restaurants in the Denver area.

 Sam's No.3 Downtown Denver

Sam’s is a diner that looks to be mostly known for their breakfast.  They have a full bar, good number of tables and some counter seats.   They call themselves a Mexi Grill and Bar.  The bar had a good selection.  I had a Patron Silver Margarita, which was pretty good.  Food wise they have a good-sized menu, breakfast was about half of it.  They had an impressive breakfast burrito selection.  I would guess there were 15 to 20 available.  In addition to breakfast they had entrees, sandwiches and a number of Mexican dishes.  They are proud of their hot turkey sandwich, their two-pound burrito and their green chili.

 

Both Nathan and I got burritos (not the two pounder) that were covered in pork green chili.  The chili was very good.  It is a tomatillo based with pork chili.  It reminded me to of a traditional Chili Verde.  Not spicy but with tons of favor. 

 Chicken Fajita Burrito with Pork Green Chili

Overall everything was good.  In the future I am planning to check them out for breakfast.  I have a feeling that will be incredible.  However if you are in the Denver area check them out.  Breakfast is key but I am told there will be a wait.  Dinner was not very busy for us but it was worth stopping by.


Sam's #3 on Urbanspoon
Share and Enjoy:
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • blogmarks
  • Fark
  • Furl
  • Live
  • NewsVine
  • Reddit
  • Slashdot
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati
  • YahooMyWeb

No comments:

Post a Comment